Dreadlocks Care Tips
- Wash your dreadlocks once a week, but do not every day.
- Wash locs with warm water, dont soak your dreads for more than a few monents at a time.
- Wash locs with sulfate-free shampoo, work it into locs, starting at the scalp, slowly work your way down to the ends, let the shampoo sit in your locs for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse your locs throughly after using shapoo from scalp to ends, as rinsing, squeeze your dreadlocks to remove the shampoo.
- Squeeze the water out of your dreadlocks after washing and use a towel to pat you scalp and dreadlocks completely dry, never rub your locs with towel.
- Never style or add product to your dreadlocks when they are wet, this can cause then to smell or grow mildew.
- Retwist and Crochet your locs as needed when they begin to loosen.
- Use a spray-on moiturizer as needed to keep your locs shiny and smooth.
- Sleep with a silk scarf on your hair to protect it from damage.